Thursday, July 23, 2009

CRAVINGS THAT DON'T GO AWAY

Below is a letter we recently received from a loyal FANATIC, and we couldn't not share it with you all. Talk about inspirational. If you have a story to share, certainly send it our way. We'd love to Share the Love! (start at the bottom)


Chris,

What's good, man? PEACE and LOVE from your fav BURRITO joint! Mucho thanks for taking the time to share your FREEB!RDS story with me. I passed it along to some of my FREEB!RDS family and everyone was crazy inspired. So much so, that we would love to post it on our blog if you'd be cool with it. If you have any hesitation whatsoever please feel free to decline the request. Either way, thanks again for your FREEB!RDS FANATICISM.

Your partner in BURRITO rolling,

Dave


On July 18, 2009, Chris wrote:

Hey there!

How's it going? My name is Christian. I talked to you on Tuesday the 14th at the Freebird's in The Woodlands, well actually my mom kinda gave you my story but either way. So, I'm not really sure how much of the story you need, so I'll just send you the basic idea and you just get back to me with anything that's missing.

Ok, so the basic story as told by yours truly:

It was the summer of '02. I had spend the entire semester with my girlfriend in College Station, TX and became completely addicted to Monsters on cayenne with rice, refried beans, steak, jalapenos, and a splash of sour cream! We spend the summer in The Woodlands, TX and used every party opportunity in College Station to get Freebirds.

One day before moving back to College Station for the Fall Semester I broke my neck which left me paralyzed from my chest on down. After two weeks of ICU, feeding tubes, and ice chips I was moved to TIRR, a rehab hospital in the Medical Center.

I was finally allowed to eat 'food', but between the funny taste the tubes left in my mouth and the hospital cuisine, it wasn't long until I demanded a Monster! The Freebirds on Kirby was just a quick shot down the road, so I gave strict directions for my perfect Monster and sent my mom on her merry way! Well, it wasn't actually that easy. First I had a heated argument with the nurse in charge about habanero sauce, jalapenos, and cayenne tortillas. I angrily agreed to toning it down to mild...at that point I didn't care, all I wanted was my Monster!

My mom was gone for what seemed like an eternity, but I eventually heard her outside the room door talking to the nurse. What was she thinking wasting even a second out there? She just doesn't know! Well at this point it should be mentioned that having minimal motoric skills and Monsters don't necessarily mix well! I watched her unwrap the Monster and place it between my hands. The first attempt to get a bite ended with the Monster going straight for my eye (no pun intended!). After propping up some pillows and readjusting the burrito between my hands I finally got to have my bite! To describe the goodness should be not necessary, since those who've had it just know, and those who haven't had it, well, they will never understand it!

Thank you and have a good one, bud!

Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment